Friday, December 21, 2007

How many Gods then?

K.Venugopal Online!


Quote:
Originally Posted by moegypt
I believe that there is one God

You are an honest person. You say "I believe that there is one God". You don't directly say, "There is one God." Therefore you are admiting that yours is only a believe. You hold a believe when you are not sure it is a fact. That is, you may be sure of your believe, but you are not sure that your believe is a fact. This position is inevitable because religion is in the realm of the subjective. It is not an objective science that can be reduced to the limits of the five senses. The whole problem arises when a religion seeks to pass off believe as fact.
My friend,I said " I believe that there is one God " to respect others only.But, For me it is a big and shining fact.... in every atom on me.
As I said, what is a big and shining fact for you is your believe. We seek to pass off a subjective fact as an universal objective fact by objectifying our subjective experience, as is done through idols of all sorts. Even if I cease to exist, my cat, surviving me, would continue to exist and would be recognized as a cat by others. But when I die my God would die with me and what would remain are your Gods so long as you live. But because we have idolized our subjective experience, my idols in the temple would also survive me, as would the word Allah of the Arabic language.

No comments: